Healthy Diet Tips:
- Plan your meals: or have your meals made in advance. This will keep you from making bad decisions due to your time, or budget.
- Add more healthy snacks: Pack 3-4 healthy snacks through out the day, this will keep that metabolism up.
- Eat Breakfast! This IS the most important meal of the day!
- Drink water: Hydration is one of the most important principles of exercise. It regulates body temperature, and electrolyte balance. It’s also one of the primary causes of hunger! 8-10 glasses of water per day.
- Don’t cut carbs: If you are working out, you are cutting out your number one fuel source.
- You have to eat: Do not consume less than 1200 calories while exercising.
- Nutrient Balance: Carbs 40-65 %, Protein 20-40%, Fats 20-30%
Calculate your caloric needs Harris Benedict Equation
Women BMR: 655 + (4.35 x weight in lbs) +(4.7 x height in inches) – (4.7 x age in years) x Exercise factor Men BMR: 66 + (6.23 x weight in lbs) +(12.7 x height in inches) – (6.8 x age in years) x Exercise Factor